LWVFA Member Volunteers for our Community Elections and Voter Education Drives: We need you!
1. Voter Registration Volunteers The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area seeks volunteers to register voters at various locations across the county. We held over 35 Voter Registration events in the fall of 2016. We will schedule more for 2017.
Registering voters requires official training. Here's more information:
1. Complete the Third Party Voter Registration Training http://elections.virginia.gov/registration/registration-drives/training-video.html.
2. Underneath the PowerPoint slide show, on the same web page, there is an instruction in green italics. Be sure to click on it to go to the Survey Monkey questionnaire, which is the affidavit. After you have completed it, your name will be entered into the database for this year.
3. Voter Registration Application Request and Affidavit: Complete this at the end of the training.
League Members and Voter Registration Drives
Every voter registration drive must have at least one League member. Join by clicking here.
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area will hold Candidate Forums for the House of Delegates in the fall of 2017. We are looking for volunteers to help organize the Candidate forums, including:
Write surveys and analyze results: We have an immediate opening for analyzing the results of the Candidate Pre- Forum Questionnaire that we just sent out High School Volunteer Coordinator: contact the high schools and to coordinate student volunteers / service hour commitments.
"Click here to see the volunteer openings for Candidate Forum volunteers."<+http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d48afa82fa7f94-20174
Questions? Sidney Johnson, LWVFA Voter Services' Chair: VoterService@lwv-fairfax.org or 703-476- 0581.
Voter Registration Volunteers The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area seeks volunteers to register voters at various locations across the county. We held 35 voter registration drives in the fall of 2016.
Candidate Forum Volunteers Each fall, LWV Fairfax holds Candidate Forums. We are organizing the Fall 2017 forums. We will need a few volunteers for the 2017. Interested? Contact Beth Tudan at email@example.com.
For more, go to our High School Volunteers Community Service Page.
The League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed active citizen participation in government. We register people to vote, educate voters about changes in the law such as photo ID, and push for non-partisan political redistricting.
The Fairfax County Office of Elections is currently recruiting voters to serve as Election Officers a few days a year.
View the "Being a Fairfax County Election Officer"
In order to be an Election Officer, you must:
· Be fluent in English
· Be a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
· Be able to fulfill the Federal I-9 employment eligibility requirements
· Attend a 3-hour training class
· Arrive at the polling place at 5:00 am and remain until all work has been completed after the polls close at 7pm
· Have basic computer skills
The Election Officer's main priority is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the election process. A typical Election Day consists of:
· arriving one hour before polls open to set up voting equipment
· hanging up pertinent signage
· preparing the polling room for voting
· processing voters throughout the day
· assisting with operating voting equipment
· securing voting equipment and closing down the polling place at the end of the day
Election Officers are offered a stipend of $175 for serving a full day.
We especially encourage bilingual citizens to serve as we need language assistance in many precincts. Residency in Fairfax County is not required.
It is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in the election process or public service, and we need civic-minded individuals to help make Election Day a success!