You must be registered to vote in Virginia. Voter registration is closed during the 21 days before a regularly scheduled election, 6 days before special elections for statewide offices and 13 days for others. Special elections are called to fill vacancies.
2016 Congressional Primaries: There will be none in the 8th, 10th, or 11th District in 2016
General Election: November 8, 2016
|October 17, 2016: Last Day to Register to Vote in the General Election|
|November 1, 2016: Last day to apply for an absentee ballot by mail|
Mail-In absentee ballot request deadline: NOW through Nov. 1, 5 p.m.
In-person absentee voting begins*: Sept. 23
For more information on dates, refer to the Fairfax County Voter Registration Flyer
Absentee Voting in Virginia
For further Information about absentee voting
Voting Hours and Other Important Information
Important Information about Election Day
- The polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for all elections.
- Voting information is available in Spanish in Fairfax County.
- Check your current Voter Information Card for your correct polling place. You may also check with https://voterinfo.sbe.virginia.gov, or call 703-
222-0776 in Fairfax County or 703-385-7890 in Fairfax City.
- All polling sites offer "curbside voting" for voters at least 65 years of age or with a physical disability.
- In Virginia, a photo ID is required by law to vote. A complete list of acceptable forms of ID is available at http://elections.virginia.gov/ (casting a ballot). If you do not have an acceptable ID, you can apply for a free Virginia voter photo ID at any local voter registration office throughout the year.